About Me

My photo
Im 18 years old. Attend The Florida State University. I was raised overseas in Japan. Not only have I had the privilege of seeing cartoon animations be drawn at conventions but I was exposed to a lot of different genre of cartoons as well.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Avatar: The Last Airbender






                      Unlike all the other movies I've talked about previously in my blog this one is by far the worst remake I have ever seen in my entire life. I went to go see it when my older brother came to visit for the 4th of July last year. It was his treat (that turned out to be a punishment) to me and my older sister. So it was my older brother and older sister, me and my brother best friend sitting in the movie theater highly upset that what we paid to see was and elementary school remake of such a successful nickelodeon cartoon series. The acting quality was well below poor and the whole capturing the essence and themes of the cartoons, well the producers of this film forgot about that. If I critiqued movies for a living I wouldn't even give this movie the time to write a review, I would use one word, PATHETIC. The effects and motions in the film were all off, they mispronounced the characters names (the main character Aang, prounouned Ung), the intense battle scenes were simmered down to  little cat fights (the Earth tribe doesn't all this movement to shot a pebble), the personality of the characters are changed (Sokka is supposed to be a clown joking all the time, and Aang is a light-hearted Kid who is not frustrated and traumatized all the time) and those are only some of the changes that contributed to the sad excuse of a motion film. Also I think choosing the right actors to play the part, you don't wanna mess up the image of characters already set in the audiences mind from the cartoon not only does it off-set the viewers but it takes away from the story line. Another thing if the series is split up in sections for the storyline to flow it's best not to mix the sections all up in any order, it's confusing. If you can't tell I LOVE the cartoon version of Avatar: The Last Airbender but this movie remake is a joke to me. I'm not the only one that think so either. And come to find out they are trying to come out with a second one, -_- I pray the Lord has mercy on us the first one was bad enough.
don't let the trailer fool you...it sure fooled me

No comments:

Post a Comment